St. Joseph High School, Conway
• Hometown: Conway
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, secondary English; master’s degree in school counseling; post-master’s certificate in building level administration
• Educational Experience: St. Joseph School teacher and assistant high school principal, 1996-present (high school English teacher 1996-2007; dean of academics, 2001-2019; high school counselor, 2003-2019; assistant high school principal, 2019-2020)
• Educational philosophy: I truly believe that each student has gifts or unique skills, and it is our job as educators to find those strengths and build on them in order to develop the whole person — soul, mind and body.
• What are the benefits of Catholic education? Besides providing high quality academics, a Catholic education is important because it helps students build their faith and their values that will be with them long after they leave our school. We have the benefit of praying together throughout the school day and truly living our faith through service to others in our school, our parish and the community.
• Who is your favorite saint? My favorite saint is St. Teresa of Kolkata because of her life of service and love. The quote I have on my laptop from Mother Teresa is “We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.”
• Hobbies: I love to cook for my family, read novels and cookbooks and spend time working in the garden. My new love is cuddling with my new granddaughter Blakely who is 4 months old.
St. Mary, Paragould
• Hometown: Paragould
• Education: Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education
• Education experience: St. Mary, Paragould, first and second grade, 15 years; pre-K and first grade, seven years
• Educational philosophy: All children can learn. I want all to remember their learning with love and God first.
• What are the benefits of Catholic education? Being able to share my religion and use all five senses in doing so makes the Catholic experience priceless.
• Who is your favorite saint? Mary, our mother
• Hobbies: reading, camping and spending time with family
St. Michael, West Memphis
• Hometown: Jonesboro
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, Arkansas State University; enrolled in master’s degree program in educational leadership
• Education experience: 16 years in education
• Educational philosophy: Aim to meet the needs of children today, in light of the Church’s faith in Jesus Christ
• What are the benefits of Catholic education? Focus on spiritual, physical and emotional development
• What is your favorite Scripture? Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.”
• Hobbies: spending time with family and outdoor activities
Please read our Comments Policy before posting.Article comments powered by Disqus