How much do you know about the Lenten season? Grab a pen or pencil and answer these questions. You also can answer online and earn a certificate to download and print at https://bit.ly/lentenquiz or scan the QR code. Answers will be printed in the March 4 issue.
1. Lent lasts for 40_______
b. weekdays and Saturdays
2. Ash Wednesday is a holy day of obligation.
3. Traditionally, what time are Good Friday services held?
b. 3 p.m.
c. 6 p.m
4. Masses are celebrated on Good Friday.
5. During Lent, adults should fast on_______
b. Good Friday
c. Ash Wednesday and Good Friday
6. What denomination doesn’t observe Lent?
7. Holy Thursday is sometimes also called __________________ Thursday.
8. What does the word Lent mean?
a. spring, lengthening of days
9. What sacrament is not usually associated with Lent?
10. What is the name of the Mass where the holy oils are blessed by the bishop?
a. Charism Mass
b. Chrism Mass
c. Christ Mass
11. Alleluia is never said during Mass in Lent. What does Alleluia mean?
a. Praise the Lord
b. I agree
c. Yahweh or Jehovah
12. The liturgical color during most days of Lent is____________
13. Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on__________
a. Holy Saturday
b. Holy Thursday
c. Good Friday
14. At most Masses during Lent, the Gloria is __________
15. The Fourth Sunday of Lent is called Laetare Sunday. The word Laetare is Latin for______
Written by Malea Hargett and Jeff Hines and reviewed by Father Andrew Hart, JCL
Please read our Comments Policy before posting.Article comments powered by Disqus
Lenten recipes: Meatless meal ideas to make on Fridays
Parishes host Stations of the Cross, retreats, missions
Hot Springs church offers Ecumenical Stations of the Cross
Carnival a Church tradition dating back to Middle Ages
Year in Review: Praying and persevering through 2021
Sister ministers on the Mexico border as Jesus would
Goal: CPR, first aid training for ushers across diocese
Catholic leaders concerned over new state child labor law
Catholic faith a front runner in Oaklawn Park backstretch
Your baby's name ‘almost like a prayer for their life’
Fort Smith Knights host Stations of the Cross
Women's retreat at Subiaco Abbey
Singer Donna Cori Gibson visits Bentonville
Dr. Edward Sri speaks in Bentonville
Prayer, fasting help put aside sinful ways
Overcome temptation first, then comes holiness
Jesus loves bad people the same as good people
The mess and miracle of Santo Niño de Cebú
We are recipients of God's providence, can share it